What counseling approach do you work from?

    My counseling approach is an eclectic blend of the following theories and models:  internal family systems, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, psychodynamic and interpersonal therapy.  My view of counseling focuses on the individual and a reconnection with the essential self that we all possess. We will discuss what that means and which approach is more suited to your unique needs.  


Yes, but do you work with my type of disability?

I welcome the opportunity to work  with you regardless of your disability.  My office is fully accessible and we can collaborate on additional accessibility needs.  Here is a list of the most common disabilities, but meeting with me to see if we are the right fit is most important.  If I do not have the expertise we will work together to find the right referral for you;

  • Physical Disabilities/Limitations

  • Learning/Processing  Disabilities/Limitations

  • Sensory Disabilities/Limitations

  • Mental Health Disabilities/Limitations

  • Developmentally Delayed Disabilities

How long do sessions usually last?

Counseling sessions are 50 minutes. Each client is unique regarding the length and duration of therapy.  Some clients come to therapy for only a few sessions, while others attend counseling for years.  We will decide the best course for you based on your unique concerns. For Individual Counseling with a family member the session can be anywhere from 5o minutes to 90 minutes, however the fee for this is a flat $120.

           How Does a Phone Session Work?

Setting up a phone session:

  1.  Review and sign the Phone Session disclosure statement
  2. Request date and time for session using 'schedule appointment'
  3. Pay emailed Square invoice for session before appointment time
  4. Phone sessions follow the normal flow described in the FAQs

Phone Session Disclosure Statement

By paying for this phone session, I acknowledge and understand there is no guarantee of privacy during this appointment. By completing payment for this session, I will not hold Angel Ray responsible for violation of confidentiality.

What are your fees?

My fees are $100 per session.  I do offer a sliding scale option based on financial need. The fees for my accessibility consulting are $100 an hour. Refer to Accessibility Consulting

Do you take insurance?

  • I am currently not a provider of services through any insurance plan.

As a responsible member of the counseling community, I am registered as an intern with Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists. I am under the ongoing supervision of Tina Anctil PhD, LPC, CRC professor in the Portland State Unversity Graduate School of Counseling Education. If you would like more information regarding my supervision, I would be happy to explain, or you may contact Tina Anctil at (503) 343-9838. As a registered intern and as a licensed counselor I will abide by the ACA Code of Ethics

What is your cancellation policy?

I have a 24 hour cancelation policy; if you need to cancel, please contact my office within 24 hours of the appointment time otherwise you may be charged for the missed session.

What is a therapeutic relationship?

    The relationship between client and counselor is similar to other relationships in your life. We will spend some time getting to know one another, we will work through difficulties and at some point there will be an end to our relationship. The relationship between client and counselor is unique in the fact that we will have the opportunity to examine and work through the difficulties that may cause pain or loss in other relationships. This relationship is also unique in that it will only last for as long as you attend therapy and only in the confines of the therapy session. However, the impact of the work you do may be felt in all other relationships in your life, including the one with yourself.

What credentials do you have?

    I hold a masters in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling from Portland State University, and am working on licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) from the state of Oregon. I am a nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) and am training for Certified Professionals in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) from the International Association of Accessibility Professionals.  The counselor education program at Portland State University is accredited by the Counsel on Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP).

**See my "About Me" page for more info.**

What are my rights as a client?

The relationship between a Professional Counselor and a client is one that requires understanding of professional boundaries and communication of expectations.  Together we will discuss what you hope to achieve from counseling. 

As a client you have the following rights as determined by the Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists:

  • To expect that a licensee has met the minimal qualifications of training and experience required by state law;

  • To examine public records maintained by the Board and to have the Board confirm credentials of a licensee;

  • To obtain a copy of the Code of Ethics;

  • To report complaints to the Board;

  • To be informed of the cost of professional services before receiving the services;

  • To be assured of privacy and confidentiality while receiving services as defined by rule and law, including the following exceptions:  1) Reporting suspected child abuse; 2) Reporting imminent danger to client or others; 3) Reporting information required in court proceedings or by client’s insurance company or other relevant agencies; 4) Providing information concerning licensee case consultation or supervision; and 5) Defending claims brought by client against licensee;

  • To be free from being the object of discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender or other unlawful category while receiving services.

Will my counseling sessions be confidential?

Anything we discuss in your sessions will be kept confidential with the following exceptions:  you are an imminent danger to yourself or others, you direct me to release information to a 3rd party or I am directed by the court to disclose information.  I am also a Mandatory Reporter, so I am obligated to report any information regarding the abuse of a child or vulnerable adult to the appropriate authorities.

 **And if you give written permission for your session to be video recorded for my training purposes.  This video will only be shared with my supervisor Tina Anktil PhD, LPC, CRC  ( 503) 343-9838.**

What do I do if its an emergency?

    If you have an emotional crisis and I am unavailable, please call 911 and request mental health assistance, or the Multnomah Crisis line at: (503)988-4888.

Who do I contact if I have a complaint?

    If you have a concern regarding my services, I encourage you to openly communicate with me first.  If you feel you need additional assistance you can contact my supervisor, or the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists at:  

3218 Pringle Rd. SE #250, Salem, Oregon 97302.  

(503) 378-5499


How do I obtain my records if this counselor is no longer available?     

 In the case that you are unable to access your records from this counselor you can contact: Jodi Lietz, MS, LPC Intern, (503)468-3411

Where can I go to get more information about this registered intern?

Additional information about this registered intern is available on the Board’s website: www.oregon.gov/oblpct.